The Dublin Region Homeless Executive is provided by Dublin City Council as the lead local authority in the response to homelessness in Dublin
and adopts a shared service approach across South Dublin County Council, Fingal County Council and Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council.




Landlords in Ireland must follow certain procedures before asking you to leave your rented accommodation. If you have received a notice from your Landlord asking you to leave your accommodation and you are unsure if this notice is valid contact one of the following advice services immediately.


Citizens information


Your local Citizens information Centre can provide you with free information regarding your rights and obligations as a tenant.  And what procedures a landlord has to follow before asking you to leave your accommodation.



You can also contact the Citizens Information Help line on 0761 07 4000, Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm




Threshold is a national housing charity. They provide free comprehensive advice and information on your rights and options as a tenant - from what to look out for when signing a lease to what you can do if your deposit is illegally retained.


Tel: 1890 334 334 (check with your phone provider for rates)


Private Residential Tenancies Board - PRTB


If you are renting privately and are in dispute with your landlord the Private Residential Tenancies Board (PRTB) offer a landlord tenant dispute resolution service. The tenancy does not need to be registered to access this service. The mediation process is supportive and non-confrontational. A mediator assists the parties to explore each other’s respective positions and reach a resolution of the dispute to which both are agreed.


Contact the Private Residential Tenancies Board, on 01 6350 600 Monday to Friday: 9.30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.


Free Legal Advice Centres - FLAC


Flac provides free and confidential legal information and advice on Housing/ landlord and tenant related issues.  


Contact them on lo-call number, 1890 350250.